Thursday, May 22, 2014

Moved...Again!

I am terrible at blogging.

There! I said it! I'm sure you will agree, as my last post was almost a full year ago

It's not that I hate writing, or taking pictures, or crafting, or being on the computer...but somehow it is very difficult for me to combine them all! Oh well...consider this my attempt at getting back on that horse!

So what has happened over the last year? LOTS! We just moved, again, but this time to a lovely little house. Four bedrooms, across from a park(ish), tons of storage for all my junk in the basement and garage...and a yard! Suffice to say we LOVE IT.

I also sort of started a business too. In February of this year I started renting space in a local homegoods store in our city's arts district - I'm selling decor, painted furniture, and upholstered pieces under the name of Renascence Furnishings (find me on Facebook!). That's right - I got into upholstery! I haven't been doing it for long but I think I love it. I will definitely have some tutorials for you on that (if I keep up with this!). 

Here are some photos of different pieces I have done this past year:

A Drexel Heritage chair upholstered in a gray suede with hemp rope trim, frame painted with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Linen.




 A wingback upholstered in a natural duck cloth with burlap back.
(Looks so yellow in the pictures, it's really cream!)



I had the honor of including this chair in our local Designer's Showhouse! Needless to say I was thrilled. It's a Louis XV-style chair, frame painted in American Paint Company's Limoges, upholstered in a magenta chenille, and finished with a silver rope trim.


This walnut vanity got a pretty update with royal navy blue paint (knobs were original!).


A styled area of my space. Painted mirror, salvaged table legs, framed botanical print, two-tone table made from barnwood, and painted woven stool on casters.


A red desk with faux leather top and original brass pulls, drawers mod podged with maps.
(Inspired by this desk)


So there's a little taste of what I've been doing whilst away...I hope to be able to post more regularly on my projects to sell and for our new home. Feel free to pin, comment, or follow this blog on Facebook! And I promise to give this blogging thing the ole' college try ;)


Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment